Wednesday, March 5, 2008

HOPE

This was my "final" for my visual journaling class. It is based on the Emily Dickinson poem with the lines: "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul."

My teacher was very enthusiastic about these pages (I seem to do a lot of pieces in groups of two), and I was pleased with them at the time. However, I looked at them not long ago and just wanted to rip them up and start over. Always, always a problem with composition.

Materials used: pottery beads with string, magazine images, photocopy, plastic dragonflies, skeletonized leaves, torn paper, gold vellum, brads, cutout letters, fiber for nest (with cutout paper eggs).




2 comments:

Bimbimbie said...

No*!* Julie, don't you dare rip into these pages! I love these two especially with that poem.

nonizamboni said...

This is a beautiful piece of work and I see a 'pleasing' composition. Believe in your work--your talent is unique!